Its always insightful when I can get a glimpse into how our clients are evaluating our services. Recently, I was working with a national home care chain that has been with us for years on some new areas. She did an excellant job of evaluating, getting key infomation, presenting to the decision makers and also setting them with key metrics to judge the success of the investment. Here are some key points from her presentation:
- where possible, fully review performance of existing or past placements in other markets, speaking with those involved and looking for testimonials or negative feedback
- invest in a targeted option, where your dollars are aimed at your demographic
- look at all benefits of the package and view them as components of the whole, not stand alone pieces
- set proper expectations of the placement – leads, traffic, calls? Different avenues bring different results
- Set measurement criteria that is quantifiable, but make sure those in the loop know to gather the needed data
Take the time upfront to evaulate, gather all needed data and set up measurement criteria and your chances of a solid ROI are dramatically increased!