Well, actually I’m back in Dallas, but wanted to wrap up our experience in Charlotte, exhibiting at ALFA’s Annual Conference.
- Attendance continues to trend down, or at least tradeshow attendance. As I have said before, online purchasing and the demands on attendees make the tradeshow a lower priority
- The ALFA staff does a great job creating a good atmosphere and environment. They are very creative in trying to create traffic, but they have a tough fight.
- There were five print guide companies represented, a high for the last few years. Good to see them all and hopefully this a positive for that segment of our business.
- Charlotte is a great city for a conference. Clean, attractive downtown with many good restaurants and other gathering spots all within walking distance.
- Overall, a good experience, but that of course depends on how some of our leads pan out. It was quality over quantity, and the traffic decline will leave many of the vendors I talked to evaluating the ROI from future shows.